Small update to iFlash, 2.9.1, released

Loopware — Tags: , — Davey @ February 14, 2014

iFlash 2.9.1 has been posted! The App Store version should be available immediately, and non-App-Store-ers can go get it now. You can read the change log here, if you’re so inclined.

Next up: iFlash Touch :).

Davey

Update: iFlash 2.9.2 has been released to fix an issue users of OS X 10.8 were seeing.

11 Comments

1. Since updating to 2.9.1 I’m unable to open previously created card lists.

Comment by Sai — February 15, 2014 @ 10:57 am
  2. I’m using OS 10.8.5 by the way. When I try to open an existing deck, the application quits. I don’t recall If I’ve used it before updating to 2.9 or not, so this might have happened with the 2.9 update. I’m not sure.

Comment by Sai — February 15, 2014 @ 11:08 am
  3. Additionally I went back to 2.8.2 for the time being, but I guess something happened to the deck I tried to open while I was using 2.9, and now I can’t open it unless I update to 2.9

Comment by Sai — February 15, 2014 @ 11:13 am
  4. Hi Sai,

I’ll send you an email and we can figure it out. That sounds like a bad bug!

Davey

Comment by Davey — February 15, 2014 @ 11:21 am
  5. Same for me. Since updating from 2.9 to 2.9.1, iFlash crashes when I try to open previously created decks. I managed to open one after trying a few times, but it shows up in a window without a toolbar, and clicking “View” > “Show Toolbar” doesn’t have any effect at all …

Comment by Tobias — February 15, 2014 @ 4:05 pm
  6. Tobias: sent you an email also!

Comment by Davey — February 15, 2014 @ 5:14 pm
  7. My system is Mac OS X 10.6.8
    I was just offered an ungrade to IFlash. Of course I downloaded it. But it turns out it needs Mac OS X 10.7.5, and I can’t use it.
    How can I get back the older version, please.

Comment by John Collett — February 16, 2014 @ 12:44 pm
  8. Hi John, have a look here:

Comment by Davey — February 16, 2014 @ 1:10 pm
  9. I just downloaded the new version and I am having trouble opening my decks. When I do get them open, I don’t have the option to add, study, etc. All I have is the viewing of line notecards. I had just finished making 200 notecards for my exam tomorrow and now I can’t view them to study. Not happy at all with this!

Comment by Veronica — February 16, 2014 @ 6:18 pm
  10. Hi Davey,

So glad to see you updating iFlash again! It really is the best flash card program. I switched to Mental Case for a while, but found it much more difficult to use and came back.

I literally use iFlash everyday for studying Chinese, Arabic, and various other languages. I also recommend it to anyone I know studying languages.

Cheers,

Steven

PS: No problems so far with any of my decks.

Comment by Steven Leslie — February 17, 2014 @ 2:41 am
  11. Veronica: emailed you!

Steven: Thanks for your support. Very glad iFlash is working well for you :).

Comment by Davey — February 17, 2014 @ 12:13 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.