iFlash Touch 1.1 is live, with iOS 7 support

Loopware — Davey @ February 21, 2014

iFlash Touch 1.1 is now live on the App Store. It’s fully designed for iOS 7 and the latest iOS devices. That means it has iPhone 5 support, totally new Retina icons, and multitasking (!) support… all only 4 years late!

iFlash Touch 1.1 also has other additions, the largest of which is that it now supports all three memorization modes of iFlash for Mac (Simple, Score, and Interval).

Hop on in to your local App Store to get the update.

Enjoy!

Davey

(and also, please let me know what’s not working so I can fix it in the inevitable 1.1.1 update!)

18 Comments

1. Looking for USB cable …..

Comment by Steven Leslie — February 21, 2014 @ 4:08 pm
  2. So, one “minor” issue. This app is no longer supported on iOS6?

Comment by Steven Leslie — February 21, 2014 @ 4:24 pm
  3. Steven: Yes, iOS 6 is still supported, but it’s much better on iOS 7.

Comment by Davey — February 21, 2014 @ 4:46 pm
  4. Hi Davey,

Thanks for your reply. I got a message saying that it required “a newer version of iPod software.” I’m installing 6.1.6 now (7 isn’t supported on my device).

I’m hoping to get a new iPhone in the next month or so, but I wanted to check out the memorization modes now.

Cheers,

Steven

Comment by Steven Leslie — February 21, 2014 @ 4:59 pm
  5. Just to let you know, it’s working on 6.16. It looks great. A nice clean UI. Can’t wait to see it on iOS 7.

Comment by Steven Leslie — February 21, 2014 @ 6:11 pm
  6. what are the chances of images being supported in the near future?

Comment by Derek — February 22, 2014 @ 7:30 am
  7. Derek: I’m aiming for them to be in the next big update (2.0), but unfortunately they won’t be coming to 1.x, as the app’s architecture just isn’t ready for them. Sorry!

Comment by Davey — February 22, 2014 @ 9:29 am
  8. Excellent update. Elated.

Comment by Joel — February 24, 2014 @ 12:35 am
  9. Thank you, it looks really cool!
    Unfortunately there are some small bugs. Scrolling in card is very sensitive.
    Some times the word in card is twitching.
    IFlash is the only app I use.

Hope for near update! ;)

Comment by Anton — February 24, 2014 @ 10:10 am
  10. I agree with Anton, there seems to be a shadow of a strike-thru (not sure if that makes sense) as you flip through the cards. Thanks for the updates!

Comment by Derek — February 24, 2014 @ 11:54 am
  11. Feature request: In a future version of iFlash I’d like to be able to format text using the available system fonts/color palette (e.g. like you can with TextEdit) — however, the addition of COLOR text formatting is most important to me. Of course I’d also like for the color formatting performed on my Mac to be maintained after transferring and using on my iPhone.

Comment by Tom — February 28, 2014 @ 7:24 am
  12. Any chance of iPad optimization in the next version?

Comment by ERM — March 1, 2014 @ 3:58 am
  13. ERM: yeah! It’s the focus of the next iFlash Touch update (version 1.2).

Comment by Davey — March 1, 2014 @ 7:16 pm
  14. Great!

Comment by ERM — March 2, 2014 @ 6:03 am
  15. Love the full memorization modes on the phone, but along with Tom I would dearly love color.
    When trying to learn a foreign language (Hebrew in particular) to be able to show the answer in color would be a super boost to the learning process.

Comment by R.G. — March 3, 2014 @ 8:00 am
  16. Tom and R.G.: You’re referring to the background color that’s supported now in iFlash? I’m looking into more advanced text attributes (like coloring text itself) for the next big update, but I could also investigate adding color backgrounds to iFlash Touch sooner rather than later.

Comment by Davey — March 3, 2014 @ 10:55 am
  17. I’ve got an iPhone5 with iOS7, but am still using iFlash 2.8.2 on my MacBook Pro (with OS 10.6.8). With the latest update, I found out I can’t sync the flash cards I’ve created on my laptop with my iPhone anymore. I don’t plan to upgrade my 2006 macbook pro anytime soon (I would need to purchase a new computer). What do you recommend? Or do I need to switch to a different flashcard app?

Comment by Dirk — March 12, 2014 @ 4:03 pm
  18. Dirk: unfortunately, there isn’t a solution beyond updating your Mac. I had to choose a point to drop support for old OSes, and 10.6 got the axe.

You may be able to update your MacBook Pro to OS X 10.7, but I’m not sure. Beyond that, there isn’t a solution I can think of. Sorry!

Comment by Davey — March 12, 2014 @ 4:52 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.